The current MVZ was founded in 1977 by Dr. med. Arnold Eberhard as a doctor’s office for laboratory medicine. Since the foundation the Laboratory Medicine Dortmund has consistently widened its profile and has grown rapidly to an important medical centre in Germany.
In addition to laboratory medicine and microbiological diagnostics a series of new analytical disciplines such as cytogenetics, molecular genetics, molecular pathology and metabolic specialised diagnostics were added.
Complementary collaboration with consultants from the areas of human genetics, internal medicine, endocrinology, diabetology, rheumatology and consultants for paediatric and adolescent medicine has transformed the original Laboratory Medicine Dortmund into a modern Medical Healthcare Centre (German: MVZ) that offers laboratory diagnostics as well as therapy for patients in a regional professional association (German: ÜBAG).
Laboratory medicine at MVZ specifically provides laboratory medical analytics for resident doctors, for hospitals, universities, clinical studies and companies.
The specialised diagnostics offered by the MVZ are in demand throughout Germany and from abroad.
Thanks to our comprehensive competence and quality standards test material for analysis reaches us from France, Great Britain, Sweden, Portugal, Turkey, Brazil, Australia, VAE and many others.
A special characteristic of the MVZ Dr. Eberhard & Partner Dortmund is that all diagnostic is evaluated and supervised by specialised physicians with many years of experience and a high professional reputation. In addition highly qualified biologists and chemists are responsible for the management of the different laboratory sectors.
Quality assurance and quality management are integral components in the daily medical work of MVZ Dr. Eberhard & Partner Dortmund. Based on our high quality standards laboratory medicine at MVZ Dr. Eberhard & Partner has held accreditation from the German accreditation body (Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle/DAkkS) for approximately 15 years. Since 2003 our laboratory has successfully completed all of the regular reaccreditation inspections by the DAkkS.
The departments laboratory medicine and human genetics have been accredited by DAkkS according to DIN EN ISO 15189: 2014. The current accreditation certificate with the registration number D-ML-13403-01-00 (October 2015) can be downloaded here.
Our departments hospital hygiene and water analysis have got their accreditation according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025: 2005. The current accreditation certificate with the registration number D-PL-13403-01-00 (October 2015) is downloadable here.
In February 2017 the most recent reaccreditation process was successfully finished. The number of accredited analyses could further be extended. In addition we have been granted flexible accreditation for new parameters and methods by the German accreditation body DAkkS.
To ensure the quality of our analytics we also undergo numerous regular external quality assessments (EQA). For more detailed information consult our German website for a up-to-date list of the EQAs we have recently completed with the results of the tested parameters.
External quality control is ensured through regular successful participation in external quality assessment schemes from the following organizations:
- Berufsverband Medizinische Genetik e.V. – (BVDH), Kommission Qualitätssicherung Molekulargenetik
- Koordinationsstelle zytogenetische Qualitätssicherung
- Cardiff Bioanalytical Services Ltd. (UKNEQAS)
- Cyclosporin International Proficiency Testing Scheme
- Cystic Fibrosis European Network
- Center for Human Genetics – University of Leuven
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Arbeitsmedizin und Umweltmedizin e.V. (DGAUM)
- Deutsche Vereinte Gesellschaft für Klinische Chemie und Laboratoriumsmedizin e.V. (DGKL)/Referenzinstitut für Bioanalytik (RfB)
- EMQN (European Molecular Quality Network), Manchester, UK
- Gesellschaft für Toxikologie und Forensische Chemie e.V. (GTFCh)
- IBL - Gesellschaft für Immunchemie und Immunbiologie mbH
- Institut für Standardisierung und Dokumentation im medizinischen Laboratorium e.V. (INSTAND)
- Niedersächsisches Landesgesundheitsamt – Trinkwasser-Ringversuche
- RCPA Quality Assurance Programs – Westmead, Australia
- The binding site – Improve Subclass IgG QA Scheme Results
- Zentrum für Hygiene und Humangenetik der Universität Göttingen